Houdini transition pdf by Jordi Bares

Discussions about migration to other software
angus_davidson

Re: Houdini transition pdf by Jordi Bares

Post by angus_davidson » 22 Mar 2014, 10:05

Houdini has a daily build you can download. No need to wait for the next release ;)
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 22 Mar 2014, 12:02

MauricioPC wrote:They said that it's fixed but it's only coming out in the next version, right? Or I understood wrong?
most likely, this means, that playback and scene evaluation power, well known from SI and Maya, simply does not exist in Houdini. It can't be "fixed", because there is nothing to fix. I'm pretty sure, nothing related to this available for download too, daily or hourly.
And... by the way, how many daily fixes can be done by such team, in reality. Who's request has priority. By large company or by small team.

halfdan

Post by halfdan » 28 Mar 2014, 16:45

Mathaeus wrote:
MauricioPC wrote:They said that it's fixed but it's only coming out in the next version, right? Or I understood wrong?
most likely, this means, that playback and scene evaluation power, well known from SI and Maya, simply does not exist in Houdini. It can't be "fixed", because there is nothing to fix. I'm pretty sure, nothing related to this available for download too, daily or hourly.
And... by the way, how many daily fixes can be done by such team, in reality. Who's request has priority. By large company or by small team.
Nope. It's actually fixed. The changes are just too extensive to back-port to the 13.0 daily build.

No-one gets a preferential treatment for the daily bug fixes. If they are show-stoppers, we drop other things and work on them, unless they're really unfixable without breaking compatibility, in which case we will do what we can to provide you with a workaround.

If you're curious, you can have a look at the logs for the daily builds and judge for yourself.