Do I need subscription to download service packs?

Discussions about migration to other software
forton

Re: Do I need subscription to download service packs?

Post by forton » 22 Apr 2014, 23:56

This is exactly what I needed to know, thanks!

Wim

Pancho

Post by Pancho » 25 Apr 2014, 11:12

Just on the side: My reseller still isn't able to tell me exactly whether I may use SI anymore if I stay on subscription and choose Maya as the new program. That's how Autodesk communicates these things to everybody.

Why hasn't Autodesk staff put up a graphic yet with all the possibilities to stop all the confusion? Instead they tell you a little bit here and there mixed up with commentaries from users so all information is cluttered and no info at all in the end.

Come up with a graphic. Since you failed badly with supporting our beloved software, don't make it any worse than it is right now.

Show ALL possible scenarios and what one will get if one chooses a path.

jill.ramsay

Post by jill.ramsay » 25 Apr 2014, 16:06

That's a good idea. I'll try to get one included in the improved FAQ. Meanwhile if you want to PM me your reseller's name and location I'll make sure he's contacted with the correct information - again.

In case you are still not clear - yes, you will be able to continue to use Softimage if you migrate to Maya or 3ds Max, regardless of whether you stay on subscription or not.

Please don't hesitate to ping me if you need any further clarification.

Jill

Pancho

Post by Pancho » 25 Apr 2014, 16:45

Thanks!

forton

Post by forton » 09 May 2014, 17:47

And the show goes on, they really want my money!

Had an e-mail from my reseller, after extending my subscription:
Autodesk just tells me that there is a promo until today for 150€ more you can have maya and softimage.
What have I been paying for then?!!!!

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 May 2014, 22:24

Autodesk Subscription Help just flat-out deleted (not closed, actually deleted)
an urgent open support request about my subscription renewal I wrote earlier today.
Let's just say: I am not amused...
:-q

edit: And just now they've done it again with my follow-up request for clarification of the earlier deletion.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 10 May 2014, 00:36

Hirazi Blue wrote:Autodesk Subscription Help just flat-out deleted (not closed, actually deleted)
an urgent open support request about my subscription renewal I wrote earlier today.
Let's just say: I am not amused...
:-q

edit: And just now they've done it again with my follow-up request for clarification of the earlier deletion.
Seriously what are they smoking !
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

jill.ramsay

Post by jill.ramsay » 10 May 2014, 04:19

Guys... so sorry you are running into this. I was not working today or yesterday so I apologize for not jumping in earlier, but will attempt to sort this out right away. Please PM me your reseller info if you have not already done so. Once again: if you are on subs, it is $0 to migrate to Maya + Soft or Max + Soft. And you will not lose your Soft license at the end of the migration period. If you are not able to make this transition happen smoothly, feel free to PM me right away.

J

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 10 May 2014, 10:40

jill.ramsay wrote:Guys... so sorry you are running into this. I was not working today or yesterday so I apologize for not jumping in earlier, but will attempt to sort this out right away. Please PM me your reseller info if you have not already done so. Once again: if you are on subs, it is $0 to migrate to Maya + Soft or Max + Soft. And you will not lose your Soft license at the end of the migration period. If you are not able to make this transition happen smoothly, feel free to PM me right away.

J
Hi Jill

Thanks for jumping in. Its also worth pointing out that the email that was sent to the resellers to announce the new ARC portal had some Javascript on the new link which meant as soon as it was forwarded (which is what the resellers did) the Javascript didnt work. So none of the EDU people could actually find the new site for days. I had to very patiently walk our reseller through clicking the link in the original email and getting her to paste the url of the site it went to. There was also no link to the website on the old ARC portal which made it doubly frustrating as those people whose resellers didnt even bother to forward the email had no knowledge on the new site at all.

In the old site where they have the 2012-2014 version links it would be very helpful to have a 2015 link that redirects to the new site. Even your twitter guys referred me to the wrong site ;(

Kind regards

Angus
--
Wits University

jill.ramsay

Post by jill.ramsay » 10 May 2014, 16:55

Ye gods. I'm so sorry. I will pass this on and try to get it rectified ASAP.

Jill
angus_davidson wrote:
Hi Jill

Thanks for jumping in. Its also worth pointing out that the email that was sent to the resellers to announce the new ARC portal had some Javascript on the new link which meant as soon as it was forwarded (which is what the resellers did) the Javascript didnt work. So none of the EDU people could actually find the new site for days. I had to very patiently walk our reseller through clicking the link in the original email and getting her to paste the url of the site it went to. There was also no link to the website on the old ARC portal which made it doubly frustrating as those people whose resellers didnt even bother to forward the email had no knowledge on the new site at all.

In the old site where they have the 2012-2014 version links it would be very helpful to have a 2015 link that redirects to the new site. Even your twitter guys referred me to the wrong site ;(

Kind regards

Angus

jill.ramsay

Post by jill.ramsay » 12 May 2014, 17:22

Hello Adam,
Someone from Autodesk will be contacting you directly so we can figure out what went wrong here. Please stay tuned.

Jill

forton

Post by forton » 13 May 2014, 11:11

Small update:

Everything seems OK now (subscription wise), I can download softimage and maya, no 150 euro needed.

Cheers, Wim

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 13 May 2014, 12:56

Small update:

Everything's still a mess (subscription wise), hence no renewal, no Softimage/Maya license in sight.
I am being told they're working on it, but still get conflicting messages in the mail.
At this point in time I only want/need exactly one more mail from Autodesk:
the one stating the problem has been fixed.
8-}

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 13 May 2014, 22:52

Hope that mail arrives soon.;)
--
Wits University

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 14 May 2014, 11:24

angus_davidson wrote:Hope that mail arrives soon.;)
Well sort of, partially and as such still infuriating. I got a mail that my license has been cross-graded to the new Maya/Softimage license. So that's a start. BUT: my subscription contract (which runs out in a couple of days) still hasn't been renewed. And, just to remind Autodesk: that's basically what I paid all that hard-earned cash for! Currently my reseller is unavailable due to other engagements, so I really do not know what to do next. Let's just say I'm still not happy...
But while I'm not happy, I am finally able to start using Maya...
~x(

PS - registeronce doesn't accept the serial number Autodesk just issued, so I won't be using Maya either.
Thanks, Autodesk for this reward for sticking with you...

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 14 May 2014, 13:19

Hirazi Blue wrote:
But while I'm not happy, I am finally able to start using Maya...
~x(

PS - registeronce doesn't accept the serial number Autodesk just issued, so I won't be using Maya either.
Thanks, Autodesk for this reward for sticking with you...
You might need to give some thought to Karma telling you this is not the software you are looking for ;)

I am busy trying to install our arc licences and it doesnt take my autodesk login when I try an activate. If I wasnt being paid to do this I would have told them to stuff it ages ago.
--
Wits University