Aixcademy "VFX with C4D"-Workshop

Discussions about migration to other software
nautilus

Aixcademy "VFX with C4D"-Workshop

Post by nautilus » 29 Jul 2014, 21:53

Hi all,
we have a brandnew weekend-training-series called Aixcademy.
Here´s some info: http://www.aixsponza.com/aixcademy/
Also having in mind to adress people interested in migrating to C4D maybe, therefore i also post it here (and in the ICE-forum).
The course instructor Fuat has a big love for ICE, so maybe some cross-platform-knowledge can be shared.
The course will be covering 3D-Maths, TFD (fluidsolver), ThinkingParticles (sort of a very very lightweight-version of ICE-Particles in C4D), Krakatoa and Bullet-Dynamics.
As a special offer from our friends at ThinkboxSoftware every participant gets a node-locked 30days evaluation license of KrakatoaC4D.

Any questions & suggestions always welcome.
Cheers
Aixsponza

MauricioPC

Re: Aixcademy "VFX with C4D"-Workshop

Post by MauricioPC » 30 Jul 2014, 16:39

It looks very nice. I shared on facebook as well. Hope you guys can do this on demand on vimeo (as an example). I guess there's lots of C4D users that would like that.

I asked on facebook, but maybe it got lost. Aside from Nitro plugins, is there another option for fracturing for C4D? I heard that maybe XP3 will have it (looking forward to it).

luchifer

Post by luchifer » 30 Jul 2014, 16:46

MauricioPC wrote:It looks very nice. I shared on facebook as well. Hope you guys can do this on demand on vimeo (as an example). I guess there's lots of C4D users that would like that.

I asked on facebook, but maybe it got lost. Aside from Nitro plugins, is there another option for fracturing for C4D? I heard that maybe XP3 will have it (looking forward to it).
without plugins http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-shatter-an-object-in-cinema-4d-without-any-plugins/

nautilus

Post by nautilus » 30 Jul 2014, 16:51

MauricioPC wrote: Aside from Nitro plugins, is there another option for fracturing for C4D? I heard that maybe XP3 will have it (looking forward to it).
yes, indeed, we will use GeoBreaker from http://www.remotion4d.net/index_3.html in that course.
it´s a voronoi-based fracturing tool (included in the GeoTools pack), the only downside of it is that you dont have any multiple level shattering as Houdini has by default - but there´s a workaround to achieve that with Expresso (tiny little lightweight version of ICE in C4D).
hope this helps.

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 30 Jul 2014, 17:04

Thanks for the tip on the plugin! :)