Marc Petit (M&E boss) is out

News concerning 3D DCC business
gustavoeb

Marc Petit (M&E boss) is out

Post by gustavoeb » 14 Dec 2012, 00:46

http://www.cgchannel.com/2012/12/media- ... -autodesk/

Splash

Moderator edit: moved this to News and added some extra descriptive words to title! - HB
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Falam

Re: Marc Petit (M&E boss) is out

Post by Falam » 14 Dec 2012, 04:20

I want to know, does anyone understand what is going on. Is everyone head in the sand ?

Autodesk lays off 500 people, higher ups quiting & Subscription fees increasing. Did Autodesk bite off more then they can chew, at this point, yes. What is the company loosing too, smaller individual companies ?

I don't think they are loosing to Houdini, as I've read in the past, Houdini community is smaller then Softimage, it's basically a tiny village.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 14 Dec 2012, 17:30

From outside it appears to be bad news since he was someone closely linked to Softimage history.

Falam the whole Media market is deleveraging, credit bubble busted, bigger firms can't escape that. Some technological niche or local market might be improving but that is it.

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 14 Dec 2012, 22:52

The announcement comes at the end of a year of mixed fortunes for Autodesk, which laid off 500 staff in August, and reported “disappointing” revenue results for the third financial quarter.
I'm speculating that his leaving is closely related to this bit “disappointing” revenue results.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Dec 2012, 13:04

Wow, is this the best we can do: no doom, no gloom, no riot, no interventions by unnamed Autodesk employees? The general (lack of) response to this news seems pretty similar across all the boards I've checked BTW.
Interesting times... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Kerro Perro

Post by Kerro Perro » 19 Dec 2012, 13:22

Must have something to do with the world ending in three days :P