Chronosculpt from Newtek

News concerning 3D DCC business
OzAdi

Re: Chronosculpt from Newtek

Post by OzAdi » 03 Nov 2013, 12:40

this reminded me of this tool from ages ago:

http://www.characteranimator.com/movies ... mation.wmv

it was never released, I emailed Bernard a number of years ago about this tool, he said he'll
might write a tutorial about how he built it.. but it never happened :(

I believe it's a lattice constrained to the camera, and the lattice also "cones" perfectly to the camera's cone,
so viewing it from the camera, it seems like a 2D grid..

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 16 Nov 2013, 17:53

Review and correct cache animations and simulation errors in a variety of formats. LightWave 3D Group introduces a new approach to error correction in the animation pipeline with ChronoSculpt, a product that offers the ability to 3D sculpt over time. The software is used to review and correct cache animation and dynamic simulation errors, and works with a variety of software formats. Introduced earlier this year as a technology preview, ChronoSculpt is now a stand-alone product. LightWave says ChronoSculpt supports both soft- and rigid-body dynamics, and can correct and remove errors in real time by sculpting and deformimg polygonal models on the software’s timeline, without returning to the original software. Typical ChronoSculpt uses: Remove dynamic simulation errors, jitters, and sculpt deformations on cache files from 3D software programs; Deform and manipulate geometry over time with Sculpt, Drag, Pinch, and Erase tools; Move, scale and rotate geometry over time in dynamic simulation cache with tools such as Transform, Pin, and Bulge; Manipulate massive geometry files and edit objects as large as 10 million polygons; Utilize universal file formats, including Alembic, LWO, OBJ, LightWave MDD, and Autodesk Geometry Cache for integration into software pipelines; Save any frame from the ChronoSculpt timeline as an OBJ file for Maya Blend Shapes or as an Endomorph for LightWave to create facial morph targets and deformation effects; Use the ChronoSculpt Clip Timeline to adjust and reposition the length of a cache animation sculpt anywhere on the timeline or make global changes to the entire animation. Supported file formats include LightWave 3D; Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, and XSI; Luxology Modo; and Maxon Cinema 4D.
- See more at: http://gfxspeak.com/2013/11/15/lightwav ... 9mKaI.dpuf

dirtydog

Post by dirtydog » 16 Nov 2013, 18:52

Pancho wrote:As this is a NT product i'm not worried that this will ever become something useful for production. Since 5.6 they pretty much fucked up everything they came up with. They promise to come up with the final 11.6 version in Q4. Bet it's going to be Q2 in 2014. Lol!

P.S.: Can anybody remember Ik Booster? Another useful LW plug in which never made it. : )
Here is a new tutorial on IK BOOSTER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rqjq3o31Pp0

Pooby

Post by Pooby » 16 Nov 2013, 21:14

Chronosculpt is not doing anything but a simple world space vector offset, so if you corrected say a face with a sculpt, that correction would not work if the head rotated away from its original orientation. (I asked the developers)
It is good that it handles polygon counts well, but as for its mechanics, it is pretty much to what you could set up pretty easily with Softimage, shapes and goz/zbrush to sculpt.