Redi-Vivus.com - Reloaded

News concerning 3D DCC business
Letterbox

Redi-Vivus.com - Reloaded

Post by Letterbox » 07 Jan 2010, 11:11

After all the trials and tribulations it looks like Redi-Vivus.com is reloaded.
Try it out and post here if it works for you.

Interestingly I read about how 2009 was the worst of years, I think it was the best of years; as the worst of times brings out the best in people.

Following I say thank you to Jennifer at Autodesk, Bobby, Jurgen, Daniele & Terry. The best of people.

And as for me...I'm probably the worst of people. But I do bring out the best in people. So you'd better say thank you to those above people...they deserve it.

And as for you...you got more free downloadable training than any other 3d application. So by April I expect you...to be educated people. :)

Steven

Qwesto

Re: Redi-Vivus.com - Reloaded

Post by Qwesto » 07 Jan 2010, 17:21

...and thanks again for making all this possible :)

First it stuck at 11mb or so, but now I could download the complete file(417mb) of the cloth tutuorial, yeahhhh!!!

head to redi-vivus guyz :-bd

camer

Post by camer » 07 Jan 2010, 21:38

I wildly sorry, but how to download it:
6th Softimage Production Challenge 2008 scene files

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 08 Jan 2010, 01:30

see where it days date, that column is the date of the month, see the other column, that's the thing you'll be downloading. see the item at the bottom, that confirms the download, as people are in different timezones/countries it works of the servers clock.

bryitis

Post by bryitis » 08 Jan 2010, 04:41

YOU ROCK!!! I've been waiting forever for this... great work! Thank you to everyone who was involved in making this resource available.

Deracus

Post by Deracus » 08 Jan 2010, 10:14

First of all...thanks! Really thank you. I have to admit, that i doubted to see this site going online ever again, since it had been set to restricted access during the last year. But it´s great to see the wealth of great tutorials for free all online now. I´m still waiting for a day with a tutorial, that interests me, so i can´t say, if it works for me right now.

But - and i say this with all the necessary respect and understanding, that you have to try to keep the traffic somewhat manageable - i personally do not like the way, you are handling the downloads right now. This kind of "one download only at a specific date" makes it very difficult to really get the stuff you want to have in a reasonable time. For example if you are working on a project, where heavy use of MOTOR (just picking something...) is necessary and we have for example the 9th of the actual month and it wasn´t clear on the 8th, that you might need those knowledge, then you have to wait a whole month. And mostly this is too long to be still a help. Or on the other hand...what if you really wan´t to see a tutorial, but have to wait one month and then you are not able to be at the computer that specific day....yet another month, you have to wait.

Again...i do understand, that you have to use some kind of system to restrict the amount of downloads and i also do not want to be mistaken as being ungrateful for everything you offer here FOR FREE...i just want to state, that i do not think, that this is the optimal system. Why not using a free registration? A user-account, that needs a valid email and has a restricted amount of downloads per month. So the total number of downloads is somehow limited but the users still have some more flexibility.

By the way...the actual system might run you into bandwidth-trouble, when it comes to the tutorials, that are really interesting for the masses and everybody tries to get them on this specific date (the ice-tuts for example.

And yet again...thank you for everything ;)

dn656

Post by dn656 » 08 Jan 2010, 10:32

Thanks for the free training, it is most apperciated. However I don't seem to be able to download the hair tutorial posted today, it tends to stop at 7.9mb but I have downloaded as much as 178mb. Is there a way we can resume the downloads when they fail?

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 09 Jan 2010, 10:21

I posted this on XSIBASE.com.. unfortunately, the only solution is to keep trying...

These aborted downloads are caused people not understanding (or caring) ...

1 thread @ 500k = 100 threads @ 5k. The downside is that any server can only handle X number of threads.

When it hit that's....this starts to happen. The stupid thing is if they didn't do it, it wouldn't happen. There is plenty of bandwidth, plenty!

Realistically, there is nothing we can do, to stop this. (apart from banning countries www.blockacountry.com)

What you need to post on the foreign language forums, after all its your education their messing with, and tell them what for.

You certainly have my approval to be a bit colourful in your language.

Have fun

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Jan 2010, 11:30

@Letterbox - while I do understand the problems you have to deal with, I would strongly suggest that you refrain from wholesale attacks against "foreign countries", while trying to make your point against certain individuals thereof...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

bryitis

Post by bryitis » 09 Jan 2010, 16:42

I feel like i should ask this... because it has come up before and i don't remember seeing an answer regarding it.

Is there something wrong with using bit-torrent?

Perhaps you can't use bit-torrent on your server for some reason... but could I re-host this material via bit-torrent? Is there any reason i shouldn't? I wouldn't do so against your wishes.

wannabeArtist

Post by wannabeArtist » 11 Jan 2010, 06:50

@Letterbox,

You have probably already thought of this, but would a captcha help?
I have downloaded 2 of them so far and they have bought taken couple of tries to download, but eventually they download just fine.

Big thanks for putting them online!

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 11 Jan 2010, 09:10

Yes, but it did cause problems last time, and considering people have asked 'how do i get to the downloads' I just dont need that level of add greif.

its a feeding frenzy at the moment, so if you dont get it , dont worry, be happy, cos the site aint going away.

JP

Deracus

Post by Deracus » 11 Jan 2010, 10:42

I´m trying to get the current tutorial-offer....and i am trying it for the 4th or 5th time right now, as the download stops after a couple of minutes each time...sometimes after 70MB...sometimes after 500MB...
I hope that i will be able to get it today...but some doubts are arising...

bryitis

Post by bryitis » 11 Jan 2010, 16:36

bryitis wrote:I feel like i should ask this... because it has come up before and i don't remember seeing an answer regarding it.

Is there something wrong with using bit-torrent?

Perhaps you can't use bit-torrent on your server for some reason... but could I re-host this material via bit-torrent? Is there any reason i shouldn't? I wouldn't do so against your wishes.
when i suggested this... i didn't mean to impose. And i certainly wasn't going to start seeding a torrent without Letterbox's blessing. So, i hope i didn't offend anyone or cross the line in any way. It was simply a suggestion.

That said, it seems as though DL links are no longer being sent to my email address, not successfully anyways. Did i say anything to deserve this? or should I assume this was a fluke... and try again?

wannabeArtist

Post by wannabeArtist » 11 Jan 2010, 16:41

How long have you waited for the mail? Mine took a little longer today than yesterday.

Big package today - my second try ongoing...

bryitis

Post by bryitis » 11 Jan 2010, 16:50

wannabeArtist wrote:How long have you waited for the mail? Mine took a little longer today than yesterday.

Big package today - my second try ongoing...
Well, 15 minutes... but considering the near-instant results i got the other day... and the fact that a few minutes ago i was able to successfully get an email to an alternate account... has me worried. Makes me wonder whether i broke some sort of invisible rule or something (which of course was never my intent).

edit @ 30 min later... got my email... false alarm.
Last edited by bryitis on 11 Jan 2010, 17:04, edited 2 times in total.