Eric Mootz featured at Area.com

News concerning 3D DCC business
Mootzoid
Administrator

Re: Eric Mootz featured at Area.com

Post by Mootzoid » 29 Jan 2014, 09:42

Great job Eric! Hurry up with those Fabric ports!
Thanks! Things for Fabric are being developed as we speak. This is going to be such an exciting year, boy oh boy :)

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 29 Jan 2014, 11:28

Would just like to add my voice. Eric was invaluable to our students last year. They made use of his plugins for their end of year short. He was incredibly helpful and the end result is it has been selected for the ITFS in Stuttgart. Our first one since our animation program began. Considering how time insane our course is his plugins worked amazingly well in students hands.

(we will release the short when we are able to. It currently has to screen public first at one of the competitions before it can be put up on the web)

So good to see him getting the exposure he deserves.

Kind regards

Angus
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

Fianna

Post by Fianna » 03 Feb 2014, 14:40

Just to set the record straight - it is not that we purposefully feature plugins for Maya and ignore Softimage ones. The reason why Eric’s emPolygonizer4 release for Maya was featured on AREA, is plainly that since his Behind the ScreenZ interview, we have direct communication and during the course of his interview, he had mentioned that this was coming down the pipes…so there was no question that this release wasn’t going to be highlighted on AREA.

If you go to AREA now, you will find a beautifully produced animated short by Czech studio R.U.R., which was created using Softimage and motionbuilder — and that is prominently featured on the AREA homepage.

-fianna

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 04 Feb 2014, 01:46

I guess the grunge here is more related to how Autodesk has promoted (or not) Softimage as a competing and powerful package. But the main point of my post was to congratulate Eric, because he seems like a great guy who works really hard and it's nice to see people like that getting the attention they deserve. :D

On a related subject ... Eric tools will make a nice impact in Maya, but I imagine if they were available to Cinema 4D (don't know nothing about C4D SDK, etc). Just saying as the C4D community is really strong and supportive.

Mootzoid
Administrator

Post by Mootzoid » 04 Feb 2014, 09:59

@all: the attention is much appreciated and very motivating, thank you very much!!