Clarisse iFX price drop

News concerning 3D DCC business
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Clarisse iFX price drop

Post by Hirazi Blue » 06 Dec 2013, 10:47

Isotropix introduces a new attractively priced node-locked license for Clarisse iFX aimed at freelancers for $999. They probably should have done so at its initial release, when they had a little more momentum going, but there you have it.
Node-locked licenses, dedicated to freelancers and to small studios, are respectively available at the incredible prices of $ 999 and $ 1499. Announced at $ 459, CRender has been designed to address their needs to exclusively support rendering and is recommended for small to mid-sized studios. CNode, their more advanced product for render nodes, has seen its price reduced to $ 849. Finally, a large range of bundles of iFX and multiple CRender is also offered starting from $ 1999.
(Quoted from here)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Maximus

Re: Clarisse iFX price drop

Post by Maximus » 06 Dec 2013, 11:54

i'm still confused on what this software does, never seen it used on any behind the scenes or work. Kinda expected to drop from 5k to 999 :D

Paulrus

Post by Paulrus » 06 Dec 2013, 13:49

I've kept my eye on it for a while. I think it's a hard sell to anyone who's already got a functioning pipeline because it's not very plug & play like a render engine is.

I would say the best description I could think of is "hybrid renderer / compositor". It's like a cross between Nuke, FPrime, After Effects & Creation Engine.

It uses an object-oriented approach to building scenes, so if you've done any OOP you'll probably understand their system a lot more than someone who's just learned animation.

-Paul

NNois

Post by NNois » 11 Dec 2013, 01:31

Raargh I think this software is a huuge step forward !!

I'm sure it's far better to invest in this than thoses old DCC where every move takes a year.
Clarisse has all for him, starting from Nexus (luxology Modo modern multiplatform framework) and this Arnold Class Renderer.
Plus the creators are old softimage users so they just know the thing ;-)

I just feel the same as in 2003 when looking to switch for XSI...

Falam

Post by Falam » 11 Dec 2013, 02:48

$329 a year license isn't too bad. It would be nicer if it was $225, who needs another render engine you have a two in one deal with ClarisseFX. Although I'll pass at it's current rate.

jamination

Post by jamination » 11 Dec 2013, 21:49

I worked through the demo tutorials, and my intial thoughts were it felt like a clumsy version of Softimage. If they were modeling their approach from Softimage, I wish they would have improved on it. Obviously I didn't spend a great deal of timing forcing myself to grasp the "Clarisse" way, but it didn't make me feel compelled to do so. It could have been me but I didn't understand how it stored the modifier type data, more to the point, how to go back and edit it once the intial values were set. Also, if the main driving force is the hybrid nature shouldn't their be more compositing effects built in, so you don't have feel the need to do more compositing elsewhere.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 15 Aug 2014, 16:17

Sorry to resurrect this but have you guys seen this? Posted on the list.

SamHowell

Post by SamHowell » 15 Aug 2014, 16:23

Only 4.5 trillion (-| ?

I don't get out of bed for less than 10 trillion.

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}