Save Softimage - Facebook Page

News concerning 3D DCC business
xsi_fanatic

Save Softimage - Facebook Page

Post by xsi_fanatic » 04 Mar 2014, 19:51

Hi guys,

While I know most of you are overwhelmed, I'm asking that you please try to keep positive.
Maybe, just maybe, Autodesk might have a heart and sell it to somebody else.

Please Like the page below

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Sof ... 0605760224

Thanks to all
XF

McNistor

Re: Save Softimage - Facebook Page

Post by McNistor » 04 Mar 2014, 20:42

Please someone close this useless thread.
(no offense intended to you xsi_fanatic, but this really is a useless one)
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 04 Mar 2014, 20:50

McNistor wrote:Please someone close this useless thread.
(no offense intended to you xsi_fanatic, but this really is a useless one)
Ouch, man ! Sounds like 'no offense' is just a license to hurt people.

What is useless is your attitude, thank you for nothing.

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 04 Mar 2014, 21:27

Well OK, you'll see for yourself then if it's useful or not.
BTW, I was referring more to this endeavor (saving XSI) being useless than to the actual thread. Bad choosing of words.
This is a reaction I'm having to the "maybe someone else will buy Softimage" thing that keeps popping up all over the place. Then someone else comes and says it's not going to happen as Adsk never sells. It's getting tiresome, repetitive and therefore annoying.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

angelous4x

Post by angelous4x » 04 Mar 2014, 22:08

http://www.change.org/petitions/autodesk-save-softimage

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 05 Mar 2014, 00:29

McNistor wrote:Well OK, you'll see for yourself then if it's useful or not.
BTW, I was referring more to this endeavor (saving XSI) being useless than to the actual thread. Bad choosing of words.
This is a reaction I'm having to the "maybe someone else will buy Softimage" thing that keeps popping up all over the place. Then someone else comes and says it's not going to happen as Adsk never sells. It's getting tiresome, repetitive and therefore annoying.
I'd rather die trying than to give up. Thank you.

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 05 Mar 2014, 00:31

xsi_fanatic wrote:I'd rather die trying than to give up. Thank you.
I would very much like you to prove me wrong by succeeding. ;)
-Thucydides

Cacoman

Post by Cacoman » 06 Mar 2014, 01:38

99% Say it is usless.

The same thought was about man controlled flying. Many people called Edison a crazy guy. And there was a point when nobody believed the man can actually get into the moon.

I am with XSI Fanatic.

At least we tried.

Will we succeed? The odds say no. But then again, we tried. But what if, we succeed.

What if this "movement" drives the attention of the stock holders. What if all of this backfires really hard on Autodesk that they will either sell or put back Softimage into line.

A lot of "what ifs" I know. And the bad thing is that this "what ifs" have a 0.000000001% of chance to succeed.

But I rather prefer to know that my effort was in vane and I/we didn't succed, that maybe we had a chance and we let it go.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers.
To create something that does not exist, to exist.

ombra

Post by ombra » 06 Mar 2014, 02:01

The problem is not licences maintenance an so on , yes is a parellel problem but the real problem is that what can do xsi artists now if there arent Company on Softimage ? Is already difficult to find a job On Softimage now becosue 90 & of company in Europe use Maya or Max.

Personally near 40 is not simpler after 10 years expiriance learn another software is a big problem for be competitive, i will try but my mind is not like a 20. I dont know you guys for me is a big big problem!!!!

in any case AD ruined all Software Maya as well . They need to learn from the old big!!!!!!!!!

pace an hope

AD :o)

grendizer

Post by grendizer » 17 Mar 2014, 11:10

Yes ombra I understand you. If at least I would be Learning a new 3d software that was more Advanced and artist-oriented than XSI , I'd be enthousiast to switch to it, and I would be 20 years old again. Max and Maya? I've been using them in productions during my career and I know they're not really the "next gen" kind of apps.
Houdini? Modo? Cinema 4D? Why not, but then again, would I find the same beautiful workflow as in XSI? (-|