DAVE School is offering 3 Full scholarships to the Softimage

News concerning 3D DCC business
William Vaughan

DAVE School is offering 3 Full scholarships to the Softimage

Post by William Vaughan » 07 Mar 2014, 17:40

March 07, 2014-The Digital Animation & Visual Effects School, located on the back lot of Universal Studios in Orlando Florida, is offering three full scholarships to the Softimage XSI community.

With Autodesk’s recent announcement concerning discontinuing Softimage XSI, the Digital Animation & Visual Effects School (DAVE School) would like to extend an offer to the Softimage community as a way to help transition Softimage users to a new toolset.

“The entire faculty at the school was saddened to hear the news this week and wanted to find a way to help at least a few key members of the Softimage community through this transitional period,” explained Jeff Scheetz, DAVE School Founder and School Director.

For the past 13+ years, the DAVE School has delivered a rare educational opportunity that sets our grads apart from nearly every other school. It begins with quality skill building and ends with a 12-week production experience where the class works together to create a short film.

The DAVE School is dedicated to educating future generations of digital artists and is offering three full scholarships to the Softimage community by opening up spots in our next class that starts April 7th. This opportunity is designed to offer assistance to exceptional Softimage artists who are passionate about their careers in the entertainment industry and are looking to transition to new tools. Each artist chosen will have the choice of either our 12 month visual effects and animation program or our 15 month game production program, each valued at $33,500.00.

“Having learned many 3D applications over the past 20 years, I understand just how involved transitions like this can be for artists. I’m extremely excited to play a role in helping three artists add to their skillset and transition to new tools,” says William Vaughan, Academic Director.

The current core tools taught in our 12-month visual effects program are MODO, MAYA, ZBrush, NUKE, MARI and PHOTOSHOP. Our 15 month gaming program teaches MODO, MAYA, 3DSMAX, ZBrush, Photoshop, UNITY, UDK and CryENGINE.

To apply for this opportunity, simply email the school (jeff@daveschool.com) with a link to your professional Softimage gallery / demo reel, a resume and include a short explanation as to why you would be a perfect candidate for a full scholarship. Once submitted, all applications will be reviewed by a committee of DAVE School Instructors. 3 winners will be selected based on quality of work and potential employability. All entries must be submitted before 11:59PM (EST) Friday March 14th. All applicants will be notified with the results by noon on Monday, March 17th. This competition is only open to artists who are eligible to attend school in the United States without a student visa. Winners may be able to request a different start date if necessary.

About The DAVE School
Located on the back lot of Universal Studios in Orlando, The DAVE School offers complete immersion in the art and science of computer animated visual effects, with extensive practice under qualified supervision. The two programs offered at the school provide instruction in digital modeling and texturing, computer animation, film magic, stereoscopic 3D production and game production. For more information, visit http://www.daveschool.com.

This offer is directed at the Softimage user community. Any questions can be addressed by Jeff Scheetz at jeff@daveschool.com

MauricioPC

Re: DAVE School is offering 3 Full scholarships to the Softimage

Post by MauricioPC » 07 Mar 2014, 20:05

Hey William,

Do you want to adopt a brazillian? I'm a nice guy, I eat little and I have lots of energy for studying. :D

Damn ... why I was born in Brazil? L-)