AD: new SI licensing plans!!!

News concerning 3D DCC business
bb3d

Re: AD: new SI licensing plans!!!

Post by bb3d » 10 Mar 2014, 22:51

Slimy marketing bullshit like this makes me even more angry. AD was never about innovation, it's the opposite, they were and still are slowing down innovation by buying innovative products and then throwing them into a trashcan. It's like the oil industry buying patents for eco-friendly car engines just to lock them into some drawer. They don't care about anybody, it's just about big business and big money. :-q

nuverian

Post by nuverian » 10 Mar 2014, 23:21

This decision is necessary for Autodesk to keep pace with the industry's rapid rate of change and to better serve our customers during this highly turbulent transitional period for both visual effects and games.
1.Better said than shakespeare
2.You are not serving by killing softwares
We need to innovate faster while balancing our investment in the development of features and functionality needed to support new and existing customer workflows.
1.Your last innovation was when you bought XSI
2.And I bet SI doesn't count for 'existing'
We did not make this decision lig....
yeah whatever
Many factors were taken into consideration during the decision making process, including the impact on the Softimage user base.
$$$
Although the decision is a difficult one, we do believe that by doing this we can better serve the needs of the industry as a whole and provide customers with better product choices.
'Serve The Industry as a Whole'. Please AD save us, or wait no thanks cause I'll pass to another company ("with better product choices" as of now) that at least show some respect and love for what they are doing, cause for you (AD) it seems selling shoes would be the same.

Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net

rray

Post by rray » 10 Mar 2014, 23:57

Didn't even bother reading on after the first sentence :-h
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024