Softimage Explosia FX released!

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Explosia FXAuthor: Oleg Bliznuk
Not to be confused with Oleg's Implosia FX, a mesh scattering simulator— A new gaseous fluids (fire and smoke) simulator from Ukraine based company Blackcore tech. This product features dynamic voxel grids, a CPU accelerated raymarched preview, OpenVDB export, the »render from camera« feature — (see videos) — all build around an ICE node-based workflow.

From the product page: ExplosiaFX is a fluid dynamics simulation tool currently integrated in Autodesk Softimage. It is constructed based on a dynamically resizing voxel grid with a modern multigrid solver and thus provides high quality results in reasonable time. Intensive usage of AVX instructions when available makes it extremely fast without any compromises. By supporting the OpenVDB volumetric format, ExplosiaFX removes the need to render simulated data in Softimage, makes easy pipelining possible, as well as external cache processing on the Softimage side. [..] cont'd on the product page (link at bottom).

For demo videos, see Oleg's vimeo and the youtube channel. Also, the ExplosiaFX google group was set up.

Discontinued - the product is not available for purchase anymore but a fully functional noncommercial version is still available in the si-community thread (and in local backup)

local backup: XSI_EFX_Workgroup_1.007_win64.zip XSI_EFX_Workgroup_1.007_win64_AVX.zip (for CPUs supporting AVX) XSI_EFX_SampleScenes.zip Documentation.pdf Package overview slides.pdf

News concerning 3D DCC business
druitre

Re: Softimage Explosia FX released!

Post by druitre » 16 May 2017, 14:01

Hi, I can't get at the computer with my licensed explosia atm, sorry. And, on top of that, I've only ever rendered Explosia with Redshift - see my earlier post about how to do that. If I can find some time though, I'll have a look and see how to render with MR. Did you follow the 'getting started' video on the Blackcore site?

Superpositivo

Post by Superpositivo » 16 May 2017, 14:16

Thanks a lot for your answer. I saw also your post about that.

Actually I have to say that some hours ago I figured out what to do and now it's rendering. Maybe I should edit this post as SOLVED.

Quite an awesome work by Oleg.

I watched already on Vimeo the "Getting started" video and I don't know I how missed some little points. Probably I was too much thinking on a certain way and blind about what Oleg was showing. But now it works.

Thanks a lot again!
Last edited by Superpositivo on 16 May 2017, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

druitre

Post by druitre » 16 May 2017, 14:57

No thanks, but yes, would be good to edit that other thread as 'closed'. Good to know you got it working :)
That video is sped up so fast, certainly easy to miss one or two points. But A LOT of information in there!