Cascadeur - Physics based animation

News concerning 3D DCC business
Bullit

Cascadeur - Physics based animation

Post by Bullit » 24 Jan 2019, 11:13

rray

Re: Cascadeur - Physics based animation

Post by rray » 24 Jan 2019, 15:38

was just going to post this :) . . saw it on Bay Raitt's blog (http://bleaf.tumblr.com/)

very interesting approach. It looks like what it does is in-betweening poses using phyics.

Maybe it's even able to limit the animator by what's not possible in physics (not every pose is physically reachable from another pose)
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

Draise

Post by Draise » 27 Jan 2019, 16:16

This is incredibly useful. The momento feedback and auto curve path highlight and center of mass feedback is awesome. Love the ghosting too. Would be... Even better in a familiar software.....

wesserbro

Post by wesserbro » 31 Jan 2019, 22:11

not sure what it is, but looks like bunch of special "physical" constraints for center of mass. Could be helpful as a plugin, but its not so much of a workflow bender to create a new software.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 02 Feb 2019, 22:08

I think, this thing should be able to survive alone, as it is not asking for a lot of viewport interaction, should be possible to import these poses via FBX or something. Just like ZIVA does. It's looking much more complex than usual rigid body setup, could be an initiator of very unpleasant threads on Houdini or Maya forums. I'd believe they have a lot of arbitrary decisions built in. The end of presentation with ''landing on one foot'' is my favorite, in reality such movement could be at least painful for human, but it's looking nice.
From investor or producer perspective, any tool of this kind is welcome, from 90s to this very day it's hard to find enough of good animators, while general audience is generally not able to recognize ''good animation'' from perspective of animators (that's my personal impression), so there is a room to ''optimize down'' to something created by machine. Next step could be something like ''Pixar style animation generator'' :) - because such style is already heavy formalized, should be possible to put these rules into software.
Of course I'm big fan of Boston Dynamics robots and such :)

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 25 Jul 2019, 18:07

Cascadeur: Deep learning pose prediction tool (Alpha)