Selecting in C4D

Forum for users who have migrated or are migrating to Cinema 4D
Bullit

Selecting in C4D

Post by Bullit » 01 Oct 2014, 23:15

I am struggling with C4D selection, i mean when i want to change selecting one element to several making a . In C4D it seems to not deselect automatically what i selected if i click outside the element selected.

This is linked that i can only select one element with Move. If i use Live or Rectangle i inevitability end up select a bunch of elements.

pluMmet

Re: Selecting in C4D

Post by pluMmet » 03 Oct 2014, 13:41

You are getting very specific... I think it's time to go over to a C4D forum :-B

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 03 Oct 2014, 21:54

Ok.

noseman

Post by noseman » 12 Nov 2014, 18:14

Hi guys,
sorry for not responding earlier.

So in C4D, the Move Scale and Rotate tools have a slight selecting functionality. If you just click on a component, you can select it, and if you shift select you add, and CTRL select you subtract, BUT they don't have "paint" selection (click and drag). If you simply click in an empty space it will deselect, but if you click and drag it will move the selected.
In that case you should use the Live selection tool (Arrow).
Now the good news: If you have the move tool selected and then you select the Live selection tool, by pressing the spacebar you go back and forth from Selection to Move. So you move, press spacebar, select, press space bar to move again.

I hope that helps
a Mac, Cinema 4D & half a brain are all the tools I need