UV Unwrapping

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
origin

Re: UV Unwrapping

Post by origin » 26 Nov 2013, 22:07

Lukesmith123 wrote:Yeah I haven't used Softimage for a couple of years, I would have killed for the unfold feature back then.

I tried Headus but I found the Interface and controls a nightmare!
Headus is great..but its the only software I know that _forces_ you to learn keyboard shortcuts otherwise you cant do shit :)

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 27 Nov 2013, 10:56

Can someone tell me how to save the unfolded UVs so that they export with the model? I currently have the UVs unwrapped the way I want them, but when I minimize the Texture Editor the texture reverts back to the original projection. I can get the UV arrangement back by selecting "UVs > Unfold" in the Texture Editor.
most probably you have two or more set of Uvs and when minimizing one of the other UV sets override the current one. Try deleting other sets.

Bendo

Post by Bendo » 27 Nov 2013, 20:40

Thanks gaboraa, I think that was the problem. Got it working correctly now!

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 28 Nov 2013, 22:25

nvm :]

KLONOA WORKS

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 01 Dec 2013, 14:23

I don't want to add topic for one question.

my question is there a way if I move the edge or point the uv doesn't broke ?

KLONOA WORKS

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 02 Dec 2013, 06:42

mmm is there away without plugin :-\

I saw this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHPY9YidmI

I do the same but not working, is there something missing :|

origin

Post by origin » 02 Dec 2013, 08:55

it only works with live texture projection

myara

Post by myara » 03 Dec 2013, 08:02

The addon gaboraa has posted works only in 2012 and later I think, and it needs you to specify manually your UV if it's name isn't the default Texture_Coordinates_AUTO.

Open your context menu in your 3D View port, and look for "Apply Swimming Texture".

If you want a non ICE, very slow, but usable in pre2012 versions, you can use Gator.
Duplicate your object A (creating an obj B), Gator objA to objB, move Gator Operator above Modeling stack and apply transfer UV.

I wrote an script to do this for me:
https://dc582.4shared.com/download/Zg1z ... serveUV.js
Note: Since it is very slow with viewport on Textured I changed the texture resolution when the preserve tool is active. (Still, it is slow, so you may want to change your viewport to shaded)
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

KLONOA WORKS

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 07 Dec 2013, 14:12

myara wrote:The addon gaboraa has posted works only in 2012 and later I think, and it needs you to specify manually your UV if it's name isn't the default Texture_Coordinates_AUTO.

Open your context menu in your 3D View port, and look for "Apply Swimming Texture".

If you want a non ICE, very slow, but usable in pre2012 versions, you can use Gator.
Duplicate your object A (creating an obj B), Gator objA to objB, move Gator Operator above Modeling stack and apply transfer UV.

I wrote an script to do this for me:
https://dc582.4shared.com/download/Zg1z ... serveUV.js
Note: Since it is very slow with viewport on Textured I changed the texture resolution when the preserve tool is active. (Still, it is slow, so you may want to change your viewport to shaded)
gaboraa
Thanks a lot I thought I need to move to Ice tree etc... I never use Ice tree until now xD.
origin
now I get it thanks :D
mayara
seem the Gator interesting me but I didn't understand it :-s .

apply transfer UV ? what do you mean of that.
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/index.php?title=Swimming_explicit_UVs
Duplicate the original geometry then GATOR the UVs from the original onto the current geometry; leave GATOR live and select HIDE inputs on the GATOR dialog. Now move the GATOR operator up into the shape modeling region of the stack.
In the Image shader make sure you're using the GATOR UV property If the GATOR'd texture projection property has the same name as the original then rename to something like Texture_Projection1_GATOR then you should see 2 properties in the texture projection combo box.
Now you can model and swim the UVs
xD anyone explain this,

myara

Post by myara » 07 Dec 2013, 17:15

KLONOA WORKS wrote:apply transfer UV ? what do you mean of that.
Click the button "Transfer" under Materials, UVs, etc inside the Gator PPG.

BTW, the script I posted is a simple script, not a plugin. Run it from your Script Editor, or drag & drop it in a toolbar or shelf.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)