Duplicating rotation in Softimage Issues

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
will_grello

Duplicating rotation in Softimage Issues

Post by will_grello » 21 Jan 2014, 04:04

When ever i For ex. was to make a wheel (car Rim) and i was to place a bolt to be duplicated around the center of this wheel and then i hit Duplicate special i always have Softimage telling me im moving it in x,y, space which then makes the duplicate go Diagonally as opposed to around the pivot (whether i have locked it or not. Including when i Freeze all rotation, translation, scaling. I dont know what to do...

myara

Re: Duplicating rotation in Softimage Issues

Post by myara » 21 Jan 2014, 08:24

You need to move the pivot of the bolt to the center of the wheel, and then use duplicate multiple, with rotation, and translation 0-0-0.

You can reset the pivot after that to make it match your center. Moving your center would also work, but it would be a little more problematic to restore your original center position.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

will_grello

Re: Duplicating rotation in Softimage Issues

Post by will_grello » 21 Jan 2014, 11:45

Awesome! I will try it out. I was going crazy trying to figure it out. By anychance you heard of Mootzoids plugin? I CANnot get it to work i NEED thicknizer but whenever i attach it it says something from the em tools is not there and I Totally installed it. it gives me like an unspecified error in a red bar at the bottom of the ui... BLEH...