It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 16:22

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: softimage to Unity 3D animation - z is up?
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011, 06:22 

Hi, I´ve been trying to fix an issue I´ve encountered when exporting a single ball with extrusion (the model looks like a phantom from pac-man, really simple geometry) and I happen to have 1 bone which goes down upwards (3 chain simulating spine) and 1 bone parented under this setup as a "leg" with a simple 2 chain.

I transform (rotate) the 2nd bone from the spine, and the root of the "leg" to give animation.
Then I plot both of these in fcurves from the animation-plot-all transforms menu. I see the dialogue and mark everything accordingly.

Next, I export the enveloped mesh with these 5 bones to FBX format. I check everything accordingly. Export to Unity folder for objects (of my project)

When I import it, the mesh is twisted in weird axis on the leg, which means that the 2 bone chain leg , is somewhat "twisted" from softimage.

This is confusing, because I have clicked on FREEZE all transforms, and SET neutral pose.
I´ve tried drawing the bone on the right viewport, top viewport and front viewport.

I´m using softimage 2011.5 but I cannot get the mesh and the animation correctly exported to Unity 3D 3.1 in .fbx format without twists!

I´ve seen other samples to export HUMAN rigs. That´s not an issue, I would like to create my simple 5 bone rig..and export it...

Why autodesk? why maya and not softimage integration with Unity? How do I solve this?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: softimage to Unity 3D animation - z is up?
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2011, 02:32 

I´ve posted a video on where I am now. Trying -somehow- to create a shadow rig.

Post subject: Re: softimage to Unity 3D animation - z is up?
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2013, 21:16 

I have solved the above posts by shadow bonning (pose contraints to the original bones).

So now I want to send animation from softimage to Unity but using NULLS (just like shadow bones)
but Unity is not reciving animation. what´s going on?