It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 16:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Using MOTOR for animation sharing?
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 16:58 

Hey everybody, been a while since I've posted here... I have a question about using MOTOR to transfer animation to other skeletons. I am working on a fighting game and I need to retarget some animation from a bigger character to a smaller character, problem is, I am following the steps exactly as it is written in the manual... When I use the Rig to Rig option, I select my models but am unable to apply anything to the target rig (the buttons are greyed out). I also tried loading the motion onto the other character but everything is mangled and I need the animation to be exactly the same. I also can't seem to add the fingers to the tagged rig although they are in the hierarchy... I middle click but I can't tell where what is.

I am also using Keyframe animation, so I know I have to save out the motion in a MOTOR file. And reapply it to another character... and also does the character have to be in a T pose? I started modeling my characters in a more relaxed pose... It would be awesome if someone had info on this. Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Using MOTOR for animation sharing?
PostPosted: 01 May 2012, 16:16 

If you manage to get it working as advertised you're better off than I. Currently I use actionclips instead.