Altering proportins after animation

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
Zafar Iqbal

Altering proportins after animation

Post by Zafar Iqbal » 12 Aug 2013, 10:12

I've completed a bunch of character animations. I initially had the character (in different poses) approved prior to animating it, but now the client wants the upperarms to be longer.

I've always had a weird time doing this even with no animation - what is the proper way to do it, without affecting the overall animation either at all or too much. If possible at all?
- Zafar Iqbal

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Altering proportins after animation

Post by Hirazi Blue » 12 Aug 2013, 10:37

Creating an Action Source from your animation, perhaps, and reapplying it after your modifications to the model? I think this should work as long as the structure of the rig doesn't change...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

myara

Post by myara » 12 Aug 2013, 10:47

to edit bones just mute the envelope, move your bones (hopefully you are using nulls ), select your mesh and bones and reasign the default pose or whatever that function was called, unmute envelope and you're done to edit your rig now.

I wrote something for this
http://vimeo.com/m/40661907
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

Zafar Iqbal

Post by Zafar Iqbal » 12 Aug 2013, 11:03

I'm already relying on Action Clips and tweaking the joints (Ctrl+J) is trivial to work with. I can tweak the upperarm, but then have to reposition lowerarm/hand. when I do this, the entire arm rotates in an undesired angle.

The rig is Biped Rig and unfortunately, no nulls bewteen the bones.
- Zafar Iqbal