Display different types of keys in the timeline?

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
sonictk

Display different types of keys in the timeline?

Post by sonictk » 18 Jan 2014, 10:26

Hi all, quick question: A while ago I thought I recalled my colleague showing me a cool way to display keys differently in the timeline, where translate, rotate and scale keys could be displayed differently instead of just a red tick so that you could see where rotate keys were, scale keys were etc without going into the dopesheet/fcurve editor.

kind of like this mockup: Image

so far all I can find is the collapsed dopesheet view, but that displays keys as purple if you have more than one axis chanel keyed...is this actually possible? I could swear that I've seen it, because the first time I saw it I was thinking "wow, Maya sure as hell doesn't have this" Or have I been staying up way too late for the past few months?

OzAdi

Re: Display different types of keys in the timeline?

Post by OzAdi » 19 Jan 2014, 15:12

If I remember correctly, someone posted a photoshoped image of something similar, maybe you saw it:)
as far as I know, it's not possible, but you can design a layout without a timeline, with a long dopesheet at the bottom.

sonictk

Post by sonictk » 21 Jan 2014, 05:13

OzAdi wrote:If I remember correctly, someone posted a photoshoped image of something similar, maybe you saw it:)
as far as I know, it's not possible, but you can design a layout without a timeline, with a long dopesheet at the bottom.
I never did see it...but that's the thing. If I collapse the dopesheet, the keys just show purple...without separation of keys based on scale/rot/translate.

Am I seriously going mad? I could have sworn my colleague showed me this exact thing...

luceric

Post by luceric » 21 Jan 2014, 07:51

no, the timeline only shows red keys

sonictk

Post by sonictk » 21 Jan 2014, 07:53

luceric wrote:no, the timeline only shows red keys
Aww...well, thank you for confirming this! :D