How plot action from the mixer?

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
ozkarleo

How plot action from the mixer?

Post by ozkarleo » 29 Sep 2014, 23:44

Hi Im new here but i have monts using softimage and still broking my head with this software.
anyway The problem what i have now is with the animations well i tell you, I made a long animation in the timeline, the character walk, sun, jump, etc. then iI made actions especifying the start and end of the animation to save when i done, I'll set the animation to the animation mixer and I try to make a plot of the animation when the plot ends the key was added to the timeline but nothing is animated, then try to add the action to timeline but "all" animation is place in

Draise

Re: How plot action from the mixer?

Post by Draise » 30 Sep 2014, 05:19

Are you trying to plot (to keyframes) from the Animation Clip (from the mixer?) or are you trying to plot keyframes?

As far as I know, you can only plot from keyframes?

I'd also like to know - or maybe I'm misunderstanding?

ozkarleo

Post by ozkarleo » 30 Sep 2014, 17:23

Draise wrote:Are you trying to plot (to keyframes) from the Animation Clip (from the mixer?) or are you trying to plot keyframes?

As far as I know, you can only plot from keyframes?

I'd also like to know - or maybe I'm misunderstanding?
exactly im trying FIRST to plot from a clip in the mixer (one action) to keyframes in the timeline
and that not works, then i try to paste the action to the animated objects and the full animation is pasted instead

Qwesto

Post by Qwesto » 07 Oct 2014, 14:54

Did you select the controllers BEFORE you do the plot?

ozkarleo

Post by ozkarleo » 07 Oct 2014, 16:08

i think that this works.
first add the clip to the mixer then freeze it then select the freezed action in the scene source window & then go to animation menu then apply select action and the action is applied to the Curves and then select the nulls what makes as skeleton and apply the plot and done!

I don't know why don't works if I don't freeze the clip first

Draise

Post by Draise » 07 Oct 2014, 22:36

I tried it with any old clip - works nicely. Nice find.

I didn't have to freeze it to scene root mixer first though - I just choose from the models clips and "applied" it.

Apply> Action will apply any clip from any model/mixer to any attribute and object that the clip has stored - haven't tried it on a rig, but handy!