HLE in non-classic mode

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
Jho

HLE in non-classic mode

Post by Jho » 28 Oct 2015, 06:58

Hi guys.

Anyone know if there is a tool like HLE in the non-classic mode of animation editor?
I work almost exclusively with the classic mode turned off, and only use the HLE (High Level Editing) in classic mode. It's annoying to have to switch to classic mode every time I want to use HLE.

Does anybody know, is HLE accessible from non-classic mode or is there a tool like it there?

FXDude

Re: HLE in non-classic mode

Post by FXDude » 29 Oct 2015, 18:26

If you set it to 'classic' mode, and right click on the toolbar to turn off 'Slope' and Unified slope keys', you get the same functions (and a bit more including HLE) as the over-simplified and rigid non-classic toolbar which was only made for suite consistency.

(also, your settings are saved when you quit)

Jho

Post by Jho » 30 Oct 2015, 05:41

Thanks, but right mouse click still does something different than what I'm used to and some of the icons are different. I guess I could try to change my work flow, and force myself using classic mode, but it would be hard and doing that just for a bit easier access to HLE doesn't seem to justify.

EDIT.
Sigh, what the hell. Let's try it. Maybe there are other great tools there.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 31 Oct 2015, 23:22

Hi sorry because I didn't realize the curve view context menu also changed between modes.

Still surprising that such essential functions were omitted from a later introduced ui mode.

Extra context menu items, or an extra hidden by default toolbar with anything omitted would have sufficed, go figure.