si-community wishlist

Discussions about si-community.com. You can post here as a guest.
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: si-community wishlist

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Apr 2011, 21:12

That would be nice, I think we'd all agree, but would require quite a big modification of the current forum software. So it will probably never happen. Owei decided, rightfully so IMHO, a while back not to use any new "phpBB mods" any more for stability's sake and recoding the download section by hand would simply require way too much time (and wouldn't guarantee continued stability either)
~x(
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

rray

Post by rray » 20 Apr 2011, 23:45

Code: Select all

A little wish would be for this font to be a little larger in the default setting

this would be better(code tag wrapped in size=110 tag)
[/size]

This looks the best imho (120) but not so good for long code lines, so better choice would be 110
[/size]

(FF 4.0)
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Apr 2011, 10:10

I will look into it, although the code tag is a predefined bbcode
that comes with the phpbb software
so I don't know if it's possible & how I can change it...
But like I said: I will look into it. ;)

edit: I seem to have figured it out. It was obviously (otherwise I wouldn't have figured it out so quickly) way easier than I originally thought. Now we'll have to discuss the "necessity" of such a change (and ask Owei), before I can commit it to the community software... The test I ran on my "secret" local community seemed to show, it might be a good idea to change font also, when you do change the font size... (But that's easy, now that I've figured it out...)
#-o

Memag

Post by Memag » 18 May 2011, 14:54

I'd love to read replies to subscribed threads, directly from the email notification.
Or did I miss something in the settings?

Thank you.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 18 May 2011, 16:04

It would be possible to implement, but I doubt we will... %-( ;)

BTW: Getting the text of the reply into the mail is possible/relatively easy,
getting the name of the person who replied strangely enough isn't...
("the joy of phpbb3")

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 14 Dec 2011, 03:29

Hirazi Blue wrote:So this is very much a “wishlist” and not a promise for future changes
Lol Hirazi, you sound like Autodesk :))
Nizar wrote:In any case you can add somewhere a viewcube
Ok, this guy outdid you :p

Now, my wish...
Call me stupid, but I never really paid any attention to those two links "View unanswered posts | View active topics". (and I would like to if I knew what they were about)

I think a little list with the recent activity (like the one on XSIbase's front page) would be much better, if not possible, could this two be made more visible?
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 14 Dec 2011, 09:48

The "View unanswered posts" is a good place to start, if you really really really want to do a good deed and answer a question no matter what... No seriously, I hardly use it all.

Personally I have the "View active topics" on my first bookmark of the si-community, i.e. I use that page as my personal "de facto" frontpage. Changing the "View active topics" into something more usable (as in "View active POSTS") would be nice, but lacking the time and skill to dig deep into the php of the forum software I doubt this will be possible
(Partly because we can't/don't want to implement phpBB-addons any more, for various reasons).
And, again personally, I don't like the whole "frontpage" idea, like the XSIBase has, all that much. I have the XSIBase bookmarked at http://www.xsibase.com/forum/. Problematic about "frontpages" is that they need to be separately maintained.

;)

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 28 Feb 2012, 00:56

would it be to hard to implement auto-resizing of images like in some other forums out there?

I love to see people sending big images, full of details, but they do seem to disrupt browsing... Auto-resizing is a good alternative, cause you can always click the image to see all the details...
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

xsisupport

Post by xsisupport » 28 Feb 2012, 01:26

Hirazi Blue wrote:Personally I have the "View active topics" on my first bookmark of the si-community, i.e. I use that page as my personal "de facto" frontpage.

And, again personally, I don't like the whole "frontpage" idea, like the XSIBase has, all that much. I have the XSIBase bookmarked at http://www.xsibase.com/forum/.;)
Me too. For si-community, I bookmarked active topics, and for xsibase, I bookmarked http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?action=recent
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 28 Feb 2012, 17:25

gustavoeb wrote:would it be to hard to implement auto-resizing of images like in some other forums out there?

I love to see people sending big images, full of details, but they do seem to disrupt browsing... Auto-resizing is a good alternative, cause you can always click the image to see all the details...
To answer your initial question: I have no idea, but I will look into it (soonish)! ;)

origin

Post by origin » 22 Jun 2012, 11:08

Any chance for a tapatalk plugin for android users? :D

http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=phpbb

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Jun 2012, 13:47

Owei just gave the "go ahead" on this (so I removed my previous post). I will try to implement (install) this, but like I already said in my previous - now deleted - post, I won't be able to test it, as I own no mobile device that qualifies...
;)

People who want to help out testing, please contact me (by PM preferably)...

Late edit:
Okay, while I tried installing this, it seems to me this somehow messes up our own style templates. Was able to undo it just now, but only by importing backup templates. Scary stuff. Have to recover before I try again... (But I will, promise!)

origin

Post by origin » 22 Jun 2012, 15:55

Thanks for trying. If you need any help I could talk to a friend whos an expert in web php sql etc stuff

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Jun 2012, 17:20

Small update: under "our" hood everything should be ready now. I figured out what defaced our templates during my first attempt. But now I've run into a new problem: the website, where I should register our little community, is having technical problems, preventing me from registering our site. However, once that's fixed our beta-testers will get a PM. And if this isn't fixed soon, I'll uninstall it all again and the whole tapatalk-project dies a horrible death as far as I am concerned...
:-t

luceric

Post by luceric » 23 Jun 2012, 19:13

Ho i get the message box on my ipad and android now that there is an app for this messagoe board.. are these apps really better? I pretty much always browse on ipad

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Jun 2012, 19:55

I thought I'd had to complete registration over at tapatalk before anything would show up.
At the moment: please ignore! :-$
Some users of the community should be giving me some valuable beta info soon.
After that I will announce what's going on...
;)

Moderator edit: I've split the following Tapatalk discussion from this thread and placed it here - HB