Ice particle on curve

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
casio_2000

Ice particle on curve

Post by casio_2000 » 07 Oct 2012, 21:55

[*]
Hi
i did a particle system flowing a curve inside a character (un-rigged) and i did all my concept around this. So now, i am trying the animation, so i rigged the curve on my character skeleton and started to move the character. Surprise, the particle not really following the curve. It trying to follow, but it always going away when the character is walking.
So, i am looking a way to force the particle to follow the curve, not just follow, but more stick on the curve and move direct on it. Yes, i want the particle moving on the curve (Close curve). I am in a simulated ice tree. So i tried to convert the curve in a ICE bezier, but dont really know how to move the particle with this.
Its not just one particle, its an emitter and the particle continually emititing and they are flowing on the curves.
Anyone have an idea about a concept i can use to achieve something close of this?
Thanks

Yanik

Re: Ice particle on curve

Post by Yanik » 07 Oct 2012, 22:54

You can use the "UV to Location" node for that. You'll need to get data from the Y position of the curve's uv's, which are automagically generated. It accepts scalar values ranging from 0.0 to 1.0 which gives you a location value. A value of 0.333 wil give you location data on 33% of the curve.
Attach a "Get Data" node to the location result port and get the PointPosition from it.