Maya Mudbox Max Extension and Softimage? No.

New plugins, tools etc.
Maximus

Maya Mudbox Max Extension and Softimage? No.

Post by Maximus » 08 Aug 2013, 15:10

enjoy

http://area.autodesk.com/industrynews/u ... extensions

Where is Softimage?

dont worry the future is bright.

SreckoM

Re: Maya Mudbox Max Extension and Softimage? No.

Post by SreckoM » 08 Aug 2013, 15:24

Oh come one guys, it was pretty obvious where things are heading years ago. Nonetheless XSI is still great app, good enough to be used on some great productions these days. So ride this horse until it reaches EOL, damn u AD :D
- H -

Falam

Post by Falam » 08 Aug 2013, 15:44

Oh, this is nice for Mudbox, symmetry sculpting and re-topping. There was a bug in 2014 I submitted to Autodesk a few weeks ago, I have yet to finish a project because I'm awaiting a reply. I hope they don't wait until September to fix this bug, $#%#$%. I can tell the client, oh due to my software, you have to wait, want a discount ? !

Autodesk knows Softimage as ICE, surprising they haven't made Softimage open source. Everything you want to do, create it in ICE, is what Autodesk is telling Softimage users. The additions to Maya are not earth shattering. Instead of calling is a "service pack" they call it a "extension", last year, nothing mid-year, this year an "extension".

csaez

Post by csaez » 08 Aug 2013, 15:54

Python supported in 3dsmax 2014! :)

Falam

Post by Falam » 08 Aug 2013, 16:16

csaez wrote:Python supported in 3dsmax 2014! :)
You are a trader, helping the Max and Softimage community. A SPY ! :)

Bellsey

Post by Bellsey » 08 Aug 2013, 16:47

Falam wrote:The additions to Maya are not earth shattering. Instead of calling is a "service pack" they call it a "extension", last year, nothing mid-year, this year an "extension".
There are differences between Service Packs and these Extension releases. Service Packs go to all customers, and we released SP2 for Maya 2014 at the start of the month. Extension releases are for customers on active subscription and usually contain more than just bug fixes.

You say the new additions to Maya aren't earth shattering? I'd look again, as personally I think that Xgen alone is pretty damn good. The enhancements to Bullet are mroe than welcome too.

Nizar

Post by Nizar » 09 Aug 2013, 11:05

Extension releases are for customers on active subscription and usually contain more than just bug fixes.
and softimage users with active subscription? Their money is not good like maya or 3dsm max users?

azurecgi

Post by azurecgi » 09 Aug 2013, 11:30

Nizar wrote:
Extension releases are for customers on active subscription and usually contain more than just bug fixes.
and softimage users with active subscription? Their money is not good like maya or 3dsm max users?
Obviously not! We are forced to pay one of the highest subscription costs, with no lower cost alternatives, and we get sweet f**k all for it! X(

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 10 Aug 2013, 00:04

So, all of us on Subscription were basically promised a SAP (extension) every year, as that what was being pushed by Autodesk a couple of years back as one of the reasons to be on Subs. We didn't get one last time since they said the new team needed more time and that everything was going to be back on track the following years. Now, we don't get one again? That sounds like a bait-and-switch to me, advertising one thing to get people on Subs and then when they are, you take away one of the main features...

acidkittens

Post by acidkittens » 10 Aug 2013, 11:19

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/v ... nglish.pdf

In the Terms and conditions . Autodesk make no promises of giving a extension to softimage users . But Seriously paying a premium for a subscription and not getting a extension for 2 years . Sounds like a strategy to get people angry . $-) $-)

keeper

Post by keeper » 10 Aug 2013, 16:48

Ok I understand. This is mean that there are no be Softimage 2015 :)

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 10 Aug 2013, 17:23

acidkittens wrote:http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/v ... nglish.pdf

In the Terms and conditions . Autodesk make no promises of giving a extension to softimage users . But Seriously paying a premium for a subscription and not getting a extension for 2 years . Sounds like a strategy to get people angry . $-) $-)
I see what your saying when it comes to a legal perspective and using the "fine print" so-to-say, but when Autodesks flaunts it in all of their marketing saying that their users get one every year as an added benefit for being on Subscription - then that is just shady business.

Lord Futzi Voldemort

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 12 Aug 2013, 11:09

It's actually funny to watch a company doing so many things wrong again and again and then hear someone say: " You people don't like us, no matter what we do.." :))
I'm now part of an endangered species...

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 15 Aug 2013, 07:31

Come on people ! I mean we already have the new Camera Sequencer. What more do you want ? A new hair system ? :p

That was sarcasm btw, please don't kill me :-B

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 15 Aug 2013, 08:16

xsi_fanatic wrote: That was sarcasm btw, please don't kill me :-B
=))
You're good: I hereby officially pardon you...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

xsi_fanatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 15 Aug 2013, 15:38

Hirazi Blue wrote:
xsi_fanatic wrote: That was sarcasm btw, please don't kill me :-B
=))
You're good: I hereby officially pardon you...
Phew ! :-j