Craft_Rig and autoRig 1

craft

Craft_Rig and autoRig 1

Post by craft » 03 Jan 2010, 01:00

Hi everyone!
I’ve put up a biped rig that i’d like to share with the community.
You can download the files from here: http://www.craft.host56.com/archive/Cra ... Rig1.1.rar
Hope you like it! Your feedback will be very welcome!

Thank you
Tiago Beijoco
http://www.craft.host56.com

EDIT: the archive in the link above now contains the actual autrig scripts as well, to generate new rigs with different structures

NEW EDIT: uploaded a new version of the rig and autorig, to cover a bug with reseting / selecting / keying the spine from the controls PPG.
Last edited by craft on 21 Oct 2010, 01:11, edited 2 times in total.

wailingmonkey

Re: Craft Rig 1

Post by wailingmonkey » 03 Jan 2010, 22:13

looks interesting...will give it a go. Thank you for sharing it! :)

(your octopus rig on your site looks pretty cool too!)

Deracus

Post by Deracus » 04 Jan 2010, 12:58

thanks a lot. Finally a good rig to make my first steps in animation, as the XSI-CharacterRig-Sample doesn´t seem to be very good in my eyes..

I will definitly try do learn as much from it, as i can.

craft

Post by craft » 04 Jan 2010, 13:26

Thank you both, guys
Will really be looking forward to see what you do with it ;)
A big part of the deal when rigging is listening to the users' feedback.
No users = useless rigs

WailingMonkey, i was working on a tentacle autorig at a time where that octopus derived it's technology from. If i ever redo it in a usable way i'll surely share a sample of it.

Ahmidou

Post by Ahmidou » 04 Jan 2010, 17:21

It's a great rig, but you should abandon spdl and switch to self-instalable ppg!

craft

Post by craft » 05 Jan 2010, 23:55

Ahmidou: you mean with a plugin, so that people don't have to manually copy the spdl? never did a plugin for xsi..
i was initially using a synoptics page to fire the ppg layout and scripts, but then was advised to change to an spdl.

:) thank you!

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 06 Jan 2010, 10:52

thank you for sharing it!!!!
and yes, i think no need to use spdl...SelfInstall PPG is more clear~
Last edited by opoppopopp on 08 Jan 2010, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.

spurv

Post by spurv » 07 Jan 2010, 21:03

Tks man! Realy nice!

PS. Mto bom trabalho!
Eu é que tou com cenas? Tu é que tás com cenas!
http://lickingtheice.tumblr.com
http://www.mariodomingos.com

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 08 Jan 2010, 04:53

when i try to match FKIK arm. the follow error appear....

Code: Select all

// ERROR : Property Page Script Logic Error (Microsoft JScript 运行时错误)
// ERROR :    [1720] function L_hand1_removeLock_OnClicked(){oCtls=PPG.inspected(0);removeLock(oCtls.model.findChild("L_handLock_ctl"), oCtls.L_hand1_lock, oCtls.L_hand1_lockOn)}
// ERROR :    [1721] function R_hand1_removeLock_OnClicked(){oCtls=PPG.inspected(0);removeLock(oCtls.model.findChild("R_handLock_ctl"), oCtls.R_hand1_lock, oCtls.R_hand1_lockOn)}
// ERROR :   >[1722] function L_arm1_matchFKIK_OnClicked(){matchFKIK(PPG.inspected(0).model, "L_", 2, 1)}
// ERROR :    [1723] function R_arm1_matchFKIK_OnClicked(){matchFKIK(PPG.inspected(0).model, "R_", 2, 1)}
// ERROR :    [1724] function L_arm1_matchIKFK_OnClicked(){matchIKFK(PPG.inspected(0).model, "L_", 2, 1)}

craft

Post by craft » 08 Jan 2010, 16:27

you're right. i forgot to add the matchFKIK and matchIKFK functions when i switched from the synoptic to a spdl.
Already fixed that and updated the online files. please download it again. You have to replace both the .spdl and rig (.emdl) files, as I changed some details in both.

thank you for letting me know!

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 10 Jan 2010, 06:02

thank you for quick update!

one more question, the synoptic file's path is lock to the "user/app" directory?
when i copy all the file to my workgroup,it doesn't work...

craft

Post by craft » 11 Jan 2010, 01:51

uhmm i have no idea.. i never really use workgroups. workgroups are like a shared user profiles folder so i guess it should work but since you say it doesn't... i honestly don't know :\

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 17 Jan 2010, 06:14

fantastic rig.. :-bd
and best synoptic i have ever seen.!! :ymparty:

druitre

Post by druitre » 17 Mar 2010, 15:15

Hello Tiago, I'm using your rig to set up some poses for a private project of mine. I'm learning how to use your rig as I go along and I've already found out some good stuff, but there's one quite basic question I'd like to ask... since it kind of determines a lot that comes after:

how would you animate a character going head-over-heels? Standing on feet, then standing on hands, and landing on feet on the other side of the hands.

Would you animate the COG (pivot+pivot_loc as described in the manual) or animate everything from the hipcontrols onward? As I seem to get strange flipping of my mesh and bones whenever I rotate the hip more than 180 degrees in any direction.

Someting like a short step-by-step would be very useful, just to know where to start, what control to translate first, then what next, etc.

Oh, by the way... so far I like your rig a lot, thanks for making it available!

Jasper

craft

Post by craft » 17 Mar 2010, 19:46

Hi Jaspers!

thanks for your feedback! i did come across that issue once, but at the time i diagnosed it with something less likely to happen. since i was in kind of a hurry i didn't even fix it.
I think what i did with the controlers/vertebrae alignments messed up Isner's spine algorithm. here's a quick script that'll (sort of) heal your character without having to reload a fixed version (which i'll upload as soon as i can) and transfer the animation. However, even the isner spine will be rather unstable in those positions so here's how i'd animate this shot: fk spine (more stable), ik arms legs and head, switch the legs upV_follow to 2 (follow hips) and head_rot_follow to 2 (follow chest). all the rest i'd leave as default, and wouldn't animate the pivot.

thanks man for letting me know :)
any chance i can see some screen capture of your animation? i'm dead curious. no one's ever showed me any with this rig and i'vent had the time to do much myself.
Attachments
fixSpine.rar
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 262 times

druitre

Post by druitre » 18 Mar 2010, 19:45

Thanks for the script, I applied it (little rewrite because I have two characters in my scene and renamed some things accordingly but I think I did that right) and tried out your suggestion. Not really successful but I think I'll have to try a few more times before I know what to conclude.

About showing stuff: all I can show you now is some stills, at the moment I'm just setting up a couple of poses with standard man & woman mesh. As reference for statuettes that my colleague is modelling in clay. I ran across the twisty-controllers issue with the woman-in-man's-arms pose. (Which, by the way, offers another interesting issue: his hands are locked to her back and kneepits, her hands are locked to his neck and shoulders. How would you set up a situation like that,if you'd want him to walk around with her in his hands - what controller do you lock to what controller?)
16-D klein.jpg
16-D klein.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 5548 times
17-18 klein.jpg
17-18 klein.jpg (19.59 KiB) Viewed 5548 times
23-24 klein.jpg
23-24 klein.jpg (15.29 KiB) Viewed 5548 times