emFluid3 is released...!

New plugins, tools etc.
Maximus

Re: emFluid3 is released...!

Post by Maximus » 08 May 2010, 12:58

yeah they work fine, all the scenes, but i've followed step by step the tutorial from Eric about photonic explosion on Vimeo, and it doesnt work :/

this one http://vimeo.com/9713157
My particles just go out the box and doesnt take forces information from emfluid, i followed it step by step, no idea

thank you

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 09 May 2010, 15:10

i've been trying to make it work but without success!
i just found out a red node into emfluid main compound wich i dunno why is in red mode but thats probably the issue
here are some screens:

and this is the whole ice tree

i have no idea, any suggestion?

thanks a lot

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 10 May 2010, 12:36

Hi..!

No, this wasn´t the problem. this nodes concerns only obstacles. You just did not set the size of your fluidbox to 1..!!!!
SRT Scaling will function correctly, but you´ll get the wrong feedback..

cheers,
oliver

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 12 Aug 2010, 14:41

Hello,

Thanks again Owei for pointing out the scale of my fluid container i didnt know about that !!
I wanted to ask something to Eric about the development of emFluid, i'm interested in this tool.
I've tried the demo from Exocortex SlipstreamVX and i got really shocked impressed how a noob like me could get such great effects out of the box, with minimum knowledge of ice, of course the speed in viewport and the light weight in simulation is great.
Such an awesome tool indeed, i know Thiago developed and helped Exocortex in making this tool.

Now my question is, (remember i'm kinda not skilled enough in ICE so i might say something stupiD!!) since one of the major problem i've found with emFluid is this need to be into a container to run simulation, and as soon as i make the container bigger it slows down simulation in a way its completely unusuable to me, i wanted to know if there are some plans on removing the fluid container and develop a system kinda like SlipstreamVX, simulation happens in all viewports, with maybe a kill particles volume or something like that.

I have emFluid demo so i dunno the real power of it but i dont know how it performs on huge sims and how many particles i would need, also if the sim depends on the fluid container volume, what if i want to create a larger "lets say nebula" effect, the container is limited in dimensions so the effect itself is limited i guess?

sorry for so many questions but i'm deciding on what tool to use and i'm a bit confused, also as i said i'm no ICE guru, i'm just testing.!
I bought emPolygonizer and i know Eric is amazing in making those tools, updates are incredible, thast why i'm asking if he already got some plans to implement and remove the fluid container!

Thanks again!, Max

Mootzoid
Administrator

Post by Mootzoid » 14 Aug 2010, 11:30

Hi Maximus,

There are some plans and ideas about an emFluid4 that will work without a container, but I cannot say "if" and "when" emFluid4 will be released. It's very likely it will not be this year, sorry. Just got too many other things going on at the moment ;)

Cheers,
Eric

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 17 Aug 2010, 18:26

Thanks for the update on emfluid Eric :)
I'll just wait i guess!