Excessive activity of a new AI scraper (ClaudeBot) has basically DOS'ed this forum during the recent weeks. We're trying to find ways to ban it somehow to get the forum working better again. Expect some more slowdowns in the meantime.

Chromatic Aberration with Softimage Illusion

Caveman

Chromatic Aberration with Softimage Illusion

Post by Caveman » 06 Feb 2013, 16:44

Hi I know to make a chromatic aberration effect in fx-tree using expression in the component parser, but what I do not know is how to make the effect appear more in the outer edge and less in the center.

Don't want to leave Softimage just for that :D

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tekano

Re: Chromatic Aberration with Softimage Illusion

Post by Tekano » 06 Feb 2013, 18:39

or if you have time on your hands just render with the mia Bokeh lens shader with a chromatic aberration distortion image plugged in in like I did :)

not sure how to do it in FXtree but similar there in AFX is a displace by image effect that you could distort the offsets with.

** edit ** ok in fxtree it is called Distort>Bump Distort and you can give it a gradient image which distorts the input
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.

luceric

Post by luceric » 06 Feb 2013, 23:10

In Autodesk Composite, the Lens Blur tool has pretty great chromatic aberration simulation, in addition to other lens effect

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 13 Jun 2018, 02:41

It will be amazing. Nowadays with the Nuke model on separating RGB channels and offseting and recompose the image, masking it...

Caveman

Post by Caveman » 14 Jun 2018, 05:12

Haven't used NUKE in a while but last time I used it, I got the Chromatic aberration effect with the help of shuffle node and transforming one of the channels. Presently, when I need to apply that effect on still images I get it done with Photoshop's camera effects.

Necro post I know :D