And now for the BRILLIANT news...

News concerning 3D DCC business
Letterbox

And now for the BRILLIANT news...

Post by Letterbox » 05 Aug 2009, 21:37

Currently on Redi-Vivus.com

Part 1 - Joe Saltzman’s 3dtutorial training ( 13 dvd )

Part 2 - Autodesk Softimage Production series ( 5 dvd )

Part 3 - Autodesk Softimage Certified instructor 6.x training series ( 9 dvd )

Part 4 - Autodesk Softimage ICE training series ( 1 dvd )

Part 5 - Autodesk Softimage Workflow training series ( 1 dvd )

There are in total 29 DVD’s of FREE training on Redi-Vivus.com for you to “Learn not Leech”.

There is only 1 limitation, you can download 1 dvd every 5 days, much better than “1” a month it was before.

There is copy to explain what each of them is about and that will help you make an informed decision on what helps YOU the most.

And Just an FYI, that’s more FREE training than any other 3d application on the planet.

I should thank

Steven at Letterbox for making this possible.
Joe Saltzman for his great generosity.
Autodesk for the wonderful support and absolutely great attitude towards Redi-Vivus.

Cheers
Terry

PS If there are any bad links, bugs, gotya’s, etc please pm me with them. I only had a short testing time. But i thought you’d rather have this soonest. There will be more news coming soon…

PPS And did no-one get the joke about Dig-Dug?

PPPS As always positive feedback appreciated.

Grubber

Re: And now for the BRILLIANT news...

Post by Grubber » 05 Aug 2009, 22:07

BRILLIANT news!!!
A Thank you is not enough, but anyway Thanks to everyone who take part in making this possible!
^:)^

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 05 Aug 2009, 22:22

Hi Terry,
great news indeed...
Sad to see the XP32-limitation on the 3D Tutorial stuff, but that's not your fault, obviously.
I was, however, wondering, will you still have adjectives left, once the next big new update from Redi-Vivus arrives? ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Deracus

Post by Deracus » 06 Aug 2009, 10:09

I think with this load of content...he should have more than enough time to think about a new adjective for a new update, as it is really overwhelming, what is offered there already.

Thanks alot for the ICE-Stuff...will be my first download...and afterwards i´ll have a look into the rest!
You are doing a great piece of work here in developing a foundation for a solid growth of the Softimage-Community. I hope it will pay of in a significant increase of users and application-usage....

Thanks man!

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 06 Aug 2009, 12:52

That's whats great about the English language there are plenty of adjectives.

But this is an important update... just in case it happens to you..

i thought i post this up just in case you get a 0kb download.

You might (as you have two days) also want to try again, from the email link, with flashget because there is one other possibility... the number of people downloading from the server... big surprise -)

It's a real possibility that there are too many "files/ports handles" open and it cant get a free handle for yours to download.

But as i said its NOT like this is going away... :-)

Cheers
Terry

PS In the meantime check out this.........

yes "shameless promotion" but not for us...for Danko.

Who it was my great pleasure to help him while on the RM.

So here is his stunning new video... really funny...really wacked...really using all the trick and tools of the tech.

Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW-_8PFn ... annel_page
Last edited by Letterbox on 06 Aug 2009, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 06 Aug 2009, 13:26

Thanks for the feedback.... apparently the 5th video Session 5 of "workflow" sessions is corrupted - Bad upload.

As soon as its reuploaded (next week?) to those that have downloaded it, I'll send you an email to get the new video.

Cheers
Terry

Deracus

Post by Deracus » 06 Aug 2009, 17:01

got a problem when trying to download the ICE-DVD

After entering the email and pressing the button it gives me:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@redi-vivus.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Browser is Firefox 3.5.2

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 07 Aug 2009, 16:12

Yes, sorry about that.

it seems someone hacked the site, and then proceeded to letterbox and deleted the whole web site.

We are talking to the isp and they are looking into it all, and trying to recover the site. As for Redi, i don't believe you get that problem any more.

Cheers
Terry

PS. if anyone has saved the Keys.txt, would the be kind enough to post it on here. Thank you.
PPS. Thats why after completing the download you get a 404, as there is nothing on the LBX site.

cubed³

Post by cubed³ » 07 Aug 2009, 22:51

hi people,

nice board :)

and nice work Terry, thanks. Don't understand the hackers, and don't really want to try ...

here are the keys ..
Attachments
skeleton Keys.rar
here are the keys
(3.86 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 08 Aug 2009, 14:03

Thank you.

Cheers
Terry

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 10 Aug 2009, 14:07

Hi,

Dvd #30

Autodesk Softimage - 2008 Siggraph Production Challenge, Behavior Training, TD Love

Cheers
Terry

BarneyZ

Post by BarneyZ » 06 Sep 2009, 14:50

Hi Terry!

FYI: The DVD TWO - Certified Instructor Training is corrupt: I downloaded it two times but get the same error when I wanted to unpack the archive. Can you fix this please. Thanks a lot!

Barney

brtaylor

Post by brtaylor » 07 Sep 2009, 05:59

BarneyZ wrote:Hi Terry!

FYI: The DVD TWO - Certified Instructor Training is corrupt: I downloaded it two times but get the same error when I wanted to unpack the archive. Can you fix this please. Thanks a lot!

Barney
Hello BarneyZ

I resonantly Downloaded Production 4 DVD and tried to unzipped it with Winzip 11.2 and WinRAR 3.80 and got the error message on 17 of the compressed files.

Here is one example of the message.
(! C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\XSI Renering Production_4.zip: CRC failed in media\0_11.flv. The file is corrupt)

I used WinRAR finally and with the messages all the fill still unzipped just let the "Zip" program complete the process and see what happen. Granted that you may not get the same result maybe it may help somebody else.

Let me know what happen please BarneyZ

God bless
Bobby Ray Taylor

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 07 Sep 2009, 11:48

Hi Barney,

yes please do use Winrar, winzip sometimes reports corruption.

Here was my indented post...

These things should help you out.

1) Get a download manager. That's a must for these size of files.
2) Use WINRAR... not WinZip.....winzip for some reason reports corruption, WinRAR does not.
3) Keep a "Clean Machine"

Clean machine - 60-70% of the problems are at the client end, 10% are general internet (routers, hubs, switches etc), the other 20% is the server having to deal with the large load or concurrent connections.

The x64 conversion is complete, and beta's have been testing it, so why don't you too, and to make it easier, I have reset the logs, so you can download today :-)

Cheers
Terry

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 07 Sep 2009, 12:39

Letterbox wrote:Hi Barney,
The x64 conversion is complete, and beta's have been testing it, so why don't you too, and to make it easier, I have reset the logs, so you can download today :-)
edit: Sorry, stupid mistake: you mean the server conversion, not the file conversion... :ymblushing: 8-}
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Letterbox

Post by Letterbox » 07 Sep 2009, 13:40

Hirazi Blue wrote:
Letterbox wrote:Hi Barney,
Sorry, but does this mean the 3DTutorial stuff will all be viewable on Vista x64? I am slightly confused, as the Redi-Vivus website still states that this isn't so!!! ;)
Hirazi

The SERVER is x64, this means it's able to handle the large files better, and now when you get the emails, the file size is reported even if its over 2gb.
Note: The ip of Redi has changed so you may need to flush your dns. Read windows help or google for that one.

As regards to 3dtutorial on vista, you try it, you see if it works for you, we were advised to put that up, but there is nothing from stopping you from trying. ;)

And now for a story that if i told you, you wouldn't believe me, so i'll post you the url... http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1060995

Cheers
Terry