Where do we go from here?

Discussions about si-community.com. You can post here as a guest.
a5'

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by a5' » 08 Feb 2010, 13:20

Hi,

I hope this doesn't fall into the abyss.

I didn't read all of the posts on this thread but I felt that I might have something to add.

I visit this forum rarely and am not that active anywhere but I was glad to see a new forum spring up after I spent some time on xsibase. Personally the selling point of this site is the positive attitude that I saw when it first began and seems to be sticking around.

Alas like "Danger Mouse" and "Sledgehammer" good things don't keep peoples attention or something so its becoming a chore to maintain.

Like I said, the positive attitude... if you could cultivate that I think there would be benefits.

a5'
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]

craft

Post by craft » 08 Feb 2010, 13:52

a5' wrote:Hi,
Like I said, the positive attitude... if you could cultivate that I think there would be benefits.
a5'
amen to that. though some more activity would be a nice thing, better keep it nice than to make it large. We already have large.
plus i like your forum's layout much more than i like any other ;) thank you.

a5'

Post by a5' » 08 Feb 2010, 14:15

craft wrote:
a5' wrote:Hi,
a5'
amen to that. though some more activity would be a nice thing, better keep it nice than to make it large. We already have large.
plus i like your forum's layout much more than i like any other ;) thank you.

Yeah, but I think over time (depending on the amount of time the organizers are willing to devote) people will tend to move towards somewhere like that.

Of course, some people probably don't like a "positive" attitude and so will apt for a more harsh environment. Strong criticism is a good thing, bitter resentment; I don't know.

a5'
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Feb 2010, 21:22

craft wrote:though some more activity would be a nice thing
let me rephrase that: this community needs YOUR voice, badly!!!
And that means, basically: POST, POST, POST! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
:ymhug:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Dec 2010, 12:58

Hirazi Blue wrote:
craft wrote:though some more activity would be a nice thing
let me rephrase that: this community needs YOUR voice, badly!!!
And that means, basically: POST, POST, POST! :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
:ymhug:
Quoted for agreement :D
(it seems to be "that time of the year" again...)

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 08 Dec 2010, 15:35

To me this is by far the best Softimage community, and I do agree that it would be great for people to post more here ,so that inturn, will spur more growth. One thing I noticed is that there is the regular visitation by AD employees like Bellsey and LucEric, which I think is a definite plus. Softimage users seem to be a tight-knit community and don't stray too far from what they like. I have been a Softimage user for years now, and not until this past year was I aware of the mailing list. So, everything comes with time. To me, the strength of a community should be based on the strength of its users and not just the quantity. Their is a reason why I like to contribute to this community more greatly than the other ones - it is the most mature and respectful out of them all. In addition, to more quality postings that could help, I mentioned this in a seperate thread, but the biggest way to get people coming back or get noticed by a wider range of users would be to hold a contest that you then can drop a link or thread on the other community pages that would get notice.

All in all, if you look at the actual new postings from the other sites, I feel that this one seems to be doing fairly well.

-Best of luck-

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Dec 2010, 17:03

You're obviously right: quality of posts is way more important than quantity of posts, but a significant drop in post counts in the last couple of weeks definitively makes me wonder, what has happened to our nice little "quantity/quality"-mix lately.

In "defense" of the AD people one must say,
they seem to actually actively participate in other communities as well.

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 08 Dec 2010, 17:32

Very true. I was just referring to, that at least AD knows and is aware that this site exists.

-In regards to posts...CGtalk has far less Softimage posts than here; The mailing list seems to be more geared towards high-end technical questions, so those people wont stray too far from that site; XSIbase - standard run-of-the-mill questions and answers..That is just a general consensus of what I got from the sites, and others may feel differently. It seems like this place picks up when some news is announced, just like when 3December was taking place. I assume the next tid-bit of knowledge that we should recieve from AD, is either the reposting of the 3December video conference or news on Softimage 2012 - that should definitely spur conversation here.

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 09 Dec 2010, 04:24

I just joined and I like it. It'll build over time.