ICE curve path constrain

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
clyder

ICE curve path constrain

Post by clyder » 13 Oct 2009, 20:18

Hi,

I am trying to make an objects moves along curve in ICE. I made some progress, made a simple compound that does that.
I dont know how to make the objects moves in constant speed along the curve. Now it is moving using U location of the curve(like in Curve (Param) constrain in Softimage). I see that in Softimage Curve (Path) constrain object moves in more stable speed. I looked for a way to achieve this but with no success.

I attached the compound. Please have in mind that I am still very clumsy when it comes to vector math.
Attachments
CurveConstrain.zip
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Mathaeus

Re: ICE curve path constrain

Post by Mathaeus » 13 Oct 2009, 21:03

I think you can find solution in this thread:
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk ... st/page-1/ - there was compound called 'Dual Path Deform' or something like that, which doing exactly what you want,on old SI-net site. Fortunately, you can get it at: http://rray.de/xsi/.

clyder

Re: ICE curve path constrain

Post by clyder » 14 Oct 2009, 22:04

Thanx Mathaeus. I used a "Normalized U to Curve Location" node from Phil's Pack and I got very similar speed as in Softimage Curve (Path) constrain. It took me a little to find the right node and to figure out how to use it. Now I should try to make other features to this compound like up vector, move and roll axis (right now transformation needs to be freezed and sides of a object should face the x axis if you want to have a wheel movement) etc....

BTW, I found very limited info regarding the Phill's Pack collection. Is there any form of documentation somewhere? As I said I am still a beginner when it comes to lot of things concerning vector math and such and it is taking a lot of time for me to figure how to use some of the nodes.
Attachments
CurveConstrain.rar
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 235 times