Simulate Rigid bodies question

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Victorcg

Simulate Rigid bodies question

Post by Victorcg » 23 Nov 2009, 13:20

Hello all.
As I understand, simulate rigid bodies contains friction for obstacle only. Is there friction between particles? I need to increase it.
Thank You!

Victorcg

Re: Simulate Rigid bodies question

Post by Victorcg » 23 Nov 2009, 16:06

And another question.
I have 2 point clouds:
One point cloud is cached and loaded. I want it to be an obstacle for another pointcloud. Maybe I should use "IsPassiveRigidBody" attribute, but I don't understand how.

Softimage 2010

grahamef

Post by grahamef » 23 Nov 2009, 17:47

1. Use a Set Data node to set Self.StaticFriction and/or Self.DynamicFriction to whatever value you want. If you don't set these values explicitly, then I think the default is 0.5.

2. To interact in any way in a rigid body system, the particles must be in the same point cloud. To make some particles in a cloud act as obstacles, just use a Set Data node to set Self.IsPassiveRigidBody with a subtree that evaluates as true for the ones you want to be obstacles and false for the others.

Victorcg

Post by Victorcg » 23 Nov 2009, 18:16

grahamef wrote:1. Use a Set Data node to set Self.StaticFriction and/or Self.DynamicFriction to whatever value you want. If you don't set these values explicitly, then I think the default is 0.5.

2. To interact in any way in a rigid body system, the particles must be in the same point cloud. To make some particles in a cloud act as obstacles, just use a Set Data node to set Self.IsPassiveRigidBody with a subtree that evaluates as true for the ones you want to be obstacles and false for the others.

Thank You!!! It is very helpful.

It is pity, that I can't use many pointclouds.