AD: pay as you go...

New plugins, tools etc.
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

AD: pay as you go...

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Sep 2013, 16:10

It's official...
For the first time, customers can purchase access to a range of Autodesk desktop software on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis, in addition to traditional licenses, broadly expanding choices in how to access and pay for Autodesk software.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Falam

Re: AD: pay as you go...

Post by Falam » 09 Sep 2013, 16:17

The quarterly sounds good, except 6 months would be better then 3, unless I'm mis-understanding the graphic.

Superpositivo

Post by Superpositivo » 09 Sep 2013, 16:19

"Strangerly" Softimage is not mentioned...

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 09 Sep 2013, 16:22

but you already expected that, right?
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Falam

Post by Falam » 09 Sep 2013, 16:45

Only their heaviest programs or packages are mentioned.

IslandDreamer

Post by IslandDreamer » 09 Sep 2013, 17:22

Part of me wishes Autodesk would just go ahead and EOL Softimage so that I could get off the Subscription train once and for all and stop lamenting the abuse the company repeatedly heaps upon Softimage users.

SreckoM

Post by SreckoM » 09 Sep 2013, 17:47

Really why there is no Softimage?
- H -

ojo3D

Post by ojo3D » 09 Sep 2013, 17:54

SreckoM wrote:Really why there is no Softimage?

They don't like Softimage. :o)

lard

Post by lard » 09 Sep 2013, 18:06

IslandDreamer wrote:Part of me wishes Autodesk would just go ahead and EOL Softimage so that I could get off the Subscription train once and for all and stop lamenting the abuse the company repeatedly heaps upon Softimage users.
I agree. Would rather not bleed out.

Could we get a migration offer? Or do we just bleed until the pulse is gone. Not saying I would 'jump' at a forced move to Maya, but at least a choice would be better then this.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 09 Sep 2013, 20:09

Disgraceful Autodesk.

Superpositivo

Post by Superpositivo » 09 Sep 2013, 21:05

Anyway, why there's not Softimage in it????

Maybe they don't want studios who never thought about Softimage because of prices, using Softimage for some months and then finishing loving it?

So, in this way Softimage will remain again the one not to choose, because cannot use it if not for a full license. It's only me thinking that?... mmm

Lord Futzi Voldemort

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 09 Sep 2013, 21:26

lard wrote:
IslandDreamer wrote:Part of me wishes Autodesk would just go ahead and EOL Softimage so that I could get off the Subscription train once and for all and stop lamenting the abuse the company repeatedly heaps upon Softimage users.
I agree. Would rather not bleed out.

Could we get a migration offer? Or do we just bleed until the pulse is gone. Not saying I would 'jump' at a forced move to Maya, but at least a choice would be better then this.
They can't just abandone it, they sold it as a part of several suites. That's why it is still there.
But somehow my stomach say's if they could, they would get rid of the whole M&E branch rather sooner than later. But they have to finish what they have started.....
I'm now part of an endangered species...

luceric

Post by luceric » 09 Sep 2013, 22:29

Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:But somehow my stomach say's if they could, they would get rid of the whole M&E branch rather sooner than later. But they have to finish what they have started.....
what a baseless comment. M&E is the crown jewel of Autodesk, it's what keeps it in the spotlight with all the top vfx film, top games, top tv ads and shows, plus it brings in hundreds of millions of dollar. Autodesk loves M&E and pours tons of money in it

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Sep 2013, 22:39

Totally baseless? I seem to recall some trouble in M&E paradise relatively recently...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Lord Futzi Voldemort

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 09 Sep 2013, 22:43

luceric wrote:
Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:But somehow my stomach say's if they could, they would get rid of the whole M&E branch rather sooner than later. But they have to finish what they have started.....
what a baseless comment. M&E is the crown jewel of Autodesk, it's what keeps it in the spotlight with all the top vfx film, top games, top tv ads and shows, plus it brings in hundreds of millions of dollar. Autodesk loves M&E and pours tons of money in it
:)) and it was never profitable. Anyway, it's what my stomach say's. I don't have evidence and I don't have to. I'm sure you know exactly what's going on.
What they love is the reputation. One reason why they keep it up.
I'm now part of an endangered species...